Friday 10 January 2014

Crispy Vegetarian Won Tons

This was a first round, so I only made a small mix that served two for a light lunch.

I truly love the delicate flavours of Asian cooking, and often put in my own twist. For me, cooking is something I do by using my senses - visual, smell, touch and instinct, therefore my measurements are approximate, and I encourage others to do the same.

 

Ingredients

  • 1 clove garlic, grated
  • 1 T young ginger, grated
  • 1 shallot, finely sliced
  • 1 baby corn, finely diced
  • 1 T red capsicum, finely diced
  • 1 T snow pea shoots, finely chopped
  • 1/2 carrot, finely grated
  • 1 t finely chopped coriander
  • 1 1/2 t finely chopped mint
  • Little dash of Mirin
  • Little dash light soy sauce
  • Pinch palm sugar
  • 10 Won Ton Wrappers
  • 1 egg, lightly beated for sealing Won Tons
How to?

Mix all filling ingredients in a bowl, top each wrapper with about 1 teaspoon of mix, and brush two edges of wrapper to glue together when folded into a triangle, when you fold them, be careful to squeeze all the air out!

Deep fry in hot oil, until golden and blistered - enjoy with a simple honey and soy dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment