Tuesday 30 April 2013

Appliances Online

Hmmmm, I had a lovely morning tea yesterday that has led me to reflect on Jewish cooking, what it is and how you do it! I received an email from Appliances Online - inviting me to a morning tea, a Mothers Day Morning Tea, but I'm not a mum, I hear you say.
I looked into it a little further to discover the ladies from Monday Morning Cooking Club, a group of 6 lovely ladies who happen to be Jewish; who were cooking said morning tea support many charities, one of my favourite being amongst them - OzHarvest.
Why not?
Please, if you're interested google Monday Morning Cooking Club, and have a look. I wasn't blown away by fabulous, frivolous pastries, but offered some lovely, wholesome home baked food, cooked with care, and the very best bit? A story to share.
Looking through the MMCC book - thanks to Harper Collins, I was warmed by the care put into sharing food from the wider Jewish community, from young and old, across the globe.
I haven't dealt with Appliances Online - however was treated to a tour of the premises - looks great, very efficient. Prices are competitive  and I am told by a good friend she buys her appliances there because of competitive pricing, excellent customer service and FAST delivery.
Below is the lovely Breville All in One I came home with, and because of my LOVE of gadgets, of course, I've used it already! Yep, the blades are VERY sharp - my ring finger and thumb can attest to that.

A very big thank you to Appliances Online - and the great team who work there, Monday Morning Cooking Club, Breville and Harper Collins!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Peta for your lovely comments! We had such a fabulous morning cooking, chatting, eating...and meeting all the wonderful foodies who came along. Hope you've tried something from the book....? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, it was a fun day! I have tried the Honey Macadamia Nut Wafers - we get our honey locally from a family run business, not treated, heated, or watered down, just pure honey - it made delicious wafers.....My partner is rather keen on Nutella, I think Kindlech will be next!
      I have found myself recounting with fondness the 1/2 carton of sour cream story - I am now not entirely sure if I have seen my maternal grandmother do this, or I may have even made up my own memory, either way - I love the sharing of wonderful, wholesome family loved recipes being shared, along with their tales, before they are lost. I wish you and the est of the team all the very best for book number 2! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi, I was simply checking out this blog and I really admire the premise of the article this is regarding buy appliances online and this is really informative. I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikastic - sorry my reply is so late - I have been busy experimenting in the kitchen - I am so glad you have found some useful information from this article - and I hope that you and any of your friends who use Appliances Online have the same positive experience I enjoyed! hanks for your feedback :-)

      Delete